Sleeping
tight =
no SLEEPING
at all

Sometimes lately E. wakes up
in the middle of the night
& joins us in our bed.
So neither me nor M.
cannot rest.
E. stays so close to me,
pushing me to the edge of the mattress
that I cannot move, if not on the floor.
He streches his legs
like two swords against M's back
so that in the morning
the two of us are aching
all over our body.


Our DREAMS,
they are made
of
real T H I N G S
no SLEEPING
at all

Sometimes lately E. wakes up
in the middle of the night
& joins us in our bed.
So neither me nor M.
cannot rest.
E. stays so close to me,
pushing me to the edge of the mattress
that I cannot move, if not on the floor.
He streches his legs
like two swords against M's back
so that in the morning
the two of us are aching
all over our body.

they are made
of
real T H I N G S


Ah I know that feeling..the bed beeing too crouded ;)
ReplyDeleteOh I completely empathize! Since having kids I have not slept a single night without at least one of them glued to my body.. :)
ReplyDeleteWe joke and call ourselves a 'pack of dogs' as this is how we tend to sleep.. all of us piled up together! :)
..and you know what, it is all too precious and I wouldn't have it any other way!
xCharlotta